Today I am once again participating in a Blog Hop with some other Art with Heart Team members! Members from the Art with Heart Team will bringing you ideas for Christmas weekly from now until Christmas! I may not participate every week, but I’m hoping to get a post up regularly and help myself get on top of my Christmas tags and cards especially, but hopefully some off the page items too!
This is my third week participating and so far I’ve made a few tags, so I thought it was time to get my Christmas cards underway too! The card I’m sharing today is an update to one I made last year. I’ve changed some of the products around, as some of the elements have retired.
For my card this week I have gone with “traditional” colours using Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green and Whisper White.
I’ve used a non-Christmas themed stamp, as I really like to make the most of my stamp sets. So I have used “Number of Years” to make the leaves and flowers, and also the banner at the top. Given that it is a Birthday set, it didn’t have a sentiment related to Christmas, so I grabbed my trusty “Teeny Tiny Sentiments” set for the Merry Christmas.
To make the card:
- I started with a Garden Green card base (half of an A4 sheet)
- I used 2 pieces of Cherry Cobbler measuring 10cm x 14.4cm (one for the mat on the card front, the other for inside the card)
- I also used 2 pieces of Whisper White measuring 9.5cm x 13.9cm (one for the front and one for inside)
- I stamped the leaves with Garden Green and the flowers with Cherry Cobbler (don’t forget inside of your card!)
- I then ran the front stamped piece through the Big Shot with the Softly Falling Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
- I stamped the banner with Garden Green and the sentiment with Cherry Cobbler. I then used the banner die from the matching Large Numbers Framelits to die cut the sentiment, and also cut a 2nd banner with Cherry Cobbler to layer underneath the sentiment
- Using a strip of Garden Green 1″ wide I punched another banner with the Banner Triple Punch
- The banner sentiment was popped up using Stampin’ Up! dimensionals
- For a bit of added glitz I also painted over the flowers with the Wink of Stella pen!
For a full list of the products used see the bottom of this post.
Thanks for popping by. If you head back to our leader Claire’s blog post here, you will be able to find a list of other participants in this week’s hop!
Other: Wink of Stella