Today I am once again participating in a Blog Hop with some other Art with Heart Team members! Members from the Art with Heart Team will bringing you ideas for Christmas weekly from now until Christmas! I’m hoping to get a post up regularly and help myself get on top of my Christmas tags and cards especially, but hopefully some off the page items too!
This week I am excited to share my latest card. This idea has been floating around in my head for a few weeks and after a bit of tweaking I think it looks really cute! I’d love to hear what you think of it!
I must admit that I really love using Crumb Cake in my Christmas projects, and it goes perfectly with the Foxy Friends set. I wanted to make a silhouette appearance with the reindeer, but I also wanted it subtle. I also wanted a modern, clean look for the card. This is what I came up with!
To make the card:
- I started with a Crumb Cake card base (half of an A4 sheet)
- I also used a piece of Crumb Cake measuring 9.5cm x 13.9cm
- On this piece I used the solid face image and the antlers making a pattern diagonally.
- I then stamped the reindeer (I only needed the face) using Crumb Cake, and Memento for the face details and punched this using the Foxy Friends punch)
- Still using the Crumb Cake I stamped the antlers and fussy cut this out, assembling it behind the punched out face.
- Using the Pretty Label Punch I punched 2 x Crumb Cake, 2 x Pool Party and 1 x Gold Foil Card
- I cut the Pool Party pieces in to pieces to assemble behind one of the Crumb Cake Labels to create a border/ mat.
- I used the New Label Punch on the Gold Foil card and adhered this on top of the Labels.
- I popped up the reindeer face on top, using a Dimensional
- Using the Gold metallic thread (looped around 4 of my fingers a few times) I layered this in behind the Labels, and glued this to the card front.
- I trimmed off a small portion of the Crumb cake and a slightly larger version of the Gold Foil. I then stamped “From Us” on to the Crumb cake portion using the Memento Ink. I placed this at the top of the card
- I then used Dimensionals to pop the card front on to the card base
For a full list of supplies see the bottom of this post.
Thanks for visiting me today I hope you liked the card! If you head back to Judy’s blog she has a list of the other AWHT members participating this week! I can’t wait to see what the other ladies have made.
These will link you directly to my store.
Card: Crumb Cake, Pool Party, Gold Foil Sheets
Ink: Crumb Cake, Memento Ink
Stamps: Foxy Friends, Thoughtful Banners
Tools: Foxy Friends Punch, Pretty Label Punch, New Label Punch
Other: Gold Metallic Thread, Tombow, Stampin’ Up! Dimensionals