Hello and welcome to my blog!
I am an Independent Demonstrator for Stampin’ Up! in Melbourne, Australia. I look forward to sharing my creations and crafting thoughts with you.
I thought I would start off with some creations I made for a Christmas in July class. I LOVE Christmas (to the point which I am sure some of my friends and relatives roll their eyes…haha). I love that everything is so creative around Christmas from decorating your tree, to making cards and presents, to baking and of course the music! Not to mention it’s also the time of year when you catch up with everyone. Everyone always seems happier and more helpful too (that is if you avoid the big shopping centres..haha!)
So, this of course was a great excuse for me to do a Christmas themed card class! Being a new demonstrator I don’t have a huge collection of stamps (yet) so I set myself the challenge to use as many “ordinary” sets as I could and show how versatile Stampin’ Up! sets can be.
For the class I had 11 ladies making 4 cards each. It was a lot of fun…
Card #1: A Trio of Reindeers
To get the two colours on the one stamp I used
* Garden Green ink (using a post it note to cover the dots)
* Real red marker to colour the dots (while we have the Occasions catalogue you can also get the real red marker in a 2 pack with a Crumb cake marker)
I also used a white gel pen for Rudolph’s nose.
Card #2: Swirly bird baubles
I cased this one from Pinterest. The original came from Stamping Mom
I changed to colours to make a different colour palette than the usual Christmas colours.
* Swirly bird stamp set
* The sentiment was from the Snow Place stamp set
* Inks – Tuxedo Black Memento Ink, Smoky Slate, Pool Party and Sweet Sugarplum
* Cardstock – Whisper White and Smoky Slate
* A Sponge dauber was used around the Whisper White layer
Card #3: Foxy Friends Reindeer
Ok, so this was my favourite!! Don’t you think the reindeer is cute?!
* Foxy Friends Stamp Set
* Teeny Tiny Sentiments Stamp Set
* Cardstock: Whisper White (40pk), Crumb Cake, Real Red, Garden Green
* Inks: Garden Green, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Tuxedo Black Memento
* Circle Dies I used the retired set for this one, but here is the new set
* Triple Banner Punch
Card #4, well.. tag actually! Snowman tag:
I hope you enjoyed looking at the cards we made in the class. Next time I will share with you the cards I made for display at the class for extra inspiration for my customers.
Did you know that the Occasions Catalogue started September 1st? Have a look at it here.
And of course you can see the Annual Catalogue here.
Right now there are also weekly specials where you can buy selected items from the Annual Catalogue at 25% off! See the specials here.
Until next time, happy crafting!!